Wrap up: NYS Phosphorus Runoff Index
That's been a quick tour through the basics of the Phosphorus Runoff Index. Click back through the pages if you have questions about any of the objectives, below.
- What causes phosphorus (P) to be lost to streams, lakes, etc.?
- What tools are available to assess the risk of P loss to watercourses?
- Of the tools, which one makes the most sense?
- What is the basic concept driving the Phosphorus Runoff Index?
- What are the main factors considered in the P Index?
- What do the P Index risk ratings (i.e. Low, Medium, High, Very High)
- What steps can be taken on the farm to reduce the P Index rating
and, thereby, reduce the risk of P loss?
Continue to the next page for a graded, online quiz on this module.
Resources for this module:
P Index Worksheet