Objectives for this module
Understand and gain a working knowledge of the efficient use of manure nitrogen for crops and the environment.
- Different types of N in manure, where they're from, and how they behave.
- Rapidly available N
- Slowly available N
- How to take a manure sample and use a manure analysis.
- How does manure application timing and method impact N availability?
- How much N is available from current and past manure applications?
- Putting it all together: estimating the availability of N from manure applications.
Be prepared for a short quiz at the end of this module.