Ching Kwan Lee
Ching Kwan Lee is Professor of Sociology at UCLA. Her writings on the lives and activism of Chinese workers include her groundbreaking study Against the Law: Labor Protests in China's Rustbelt and Sunbelt (2007).
Tony Saich is director of the Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation and Daewoo Professor of International Affairs at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government. His influential and wide-ranging work on Chinese politics and society includes Governance and Politics of China (Third edition, 2010) and Chinese Village, Global Market (2012, with Biliang Hu).
All lectures are free and open to the public.
Join us in the Hollis E. Cornell Auditorium in Goldwin Smith Hall.
The Political Culture of the Chinese Communist Party
Watch it on YouTube
Our educational videos will be posted here when available.
Topics will include:
- At the Crossroads: Hopes and Fears for China's Economy
- Migrant Workers' Lives and Struggles
- Demystifying Chinese Governance
- Protest Past: Tiananmen 1989 in Depth
- Protest Present: The Yue Yuen Strike and Beyond
- Where is the New Leadership Headed?
- Is Democracy in China's Future?