Visiting Senior Lecturer of Operations Management
nsantam [ insert at symbol here ] cornell [ insert dot here ] edu
Sage Hall - Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853
- Research Interests
- Competitive bidding.
- Decision making under competition and uncertainty.
- Academic Positions
- Visiting Senior Lecturer of Operations Management at the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University (USA), August 2014 - present.
- Visiting Scholar at the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University (USA), June 2013 - July 2014.
- Assistant Professor of Industrial Engineering, Universidad de los Andes (Bogotá, Colombia), August 2011 - May 2013.
- An Analysis of Scoring and Buyer-Determined Procurement Auctions. Production and Operations Management, 2015, Volume 14, Issue 1, pages 147 - 158.
- Push, Pull, or Both? A Behavioral Study of Inventory Risk on Supply Chain Performance, with Andrew M. Davis and Elena Katok, Management Science, Volume 60, Issue 11, November 2014, pages 2666 - 2683.
- A laboratory Investigation of Rank Feedback in Procurement Auctions, with Wedad Elmaghraby and Elena Katok. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management. Volume 14, Issue 1, Winter 2012, pages 128 - 144.
- Working Papers
- The Strategic Secretary Problem, with Andrew M. Davis and Anthony M. Kwasnica, 2013.
- Conference Talks
- Santamaría, N. An Analysis of Scoring and Buyer-Determined Procurement Auctions. INFORMS 2012 Annual Meeting, Phoenix AZ, USA, 2012.
- Elmaghraby, W., Katok, E., Santamaría, N. A Laboratory Investigation of Rank Feedback in Procurement Auctions. POMS 2011 Annual Meeting, Reno NV, USA, 2011.
- Santamaría, N. The bidder's problem in Combinatorial Auctions: what about Decision Analysis? INFORMS 2008 Annual Meeting, Washington DC, USA, 2008.
- Awards and Honors
- Summer Dissertation Award, Smeal College of Business, Penn State (USA), 2010
- Fulbright Scholar (Colombia), 2005-2006
- Colciencias Young Researchers Fellowship (Colombia), 2002
Last modified: 01/13/2017, 11:00 AM (EST)