[ Participants | Program | Abstracts | Travel | Accommodations | Bibliography | The Corhali Colloquia ]

“Corhali” Colloquium XXII
THE SIMILES OF THE ILIAD
A. D. White House, Cornell University
Thursday-Saturday May 30-June 1 2013

FROM NYC TO ITHACA (Approx. 4 1/2 Hours)

Take I-80 West (through NJ and into PA) to I-380 West, then I-81 North (into NY past Binghamton) to Exit 8 (Whitney Point), then follow Rt. 79 West into Ithaca.

OR (longer, more traffic and speed traps) take the Palisades Parkway North to Route 6 West to Rt. 17 West. Then I-81 North at Binghamton to Exit 8 (Whitney Point), continue as above.

FROM BOSTON TO ITHACA (Approx. 5 1/2-6 Hours)

Take the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90 West ) into New York State, continue on I-90 (NYS Thruway) to Exit 25A, I-88W. Follow I-88 to Exit 8, Bainbridge. In Bainbridge, take Route 206 West to Whitney Point. Then take Route 79 West into Ithaca.

(Once approaching Ithaca on route 79) TO CORNELL AND THE STATLER HOTEL:

before coming into downtown on Route 79 after Six Mile Creek Vineyard on the left, and just after the "Cornell University" arrow-sign on your right, turn right at the flashing yellow light onto Pine Tree Road; drive past the horse barns, and proceed through the first light past East Hill Shopping Plaza, then left onRoute 366 (flashing red light), proceed straight (don't turn left) past the large Cornell sign, and past the parking garage and Schoellkopf stadium. At the first stop sign, proceed straight into the area between Barton Hall and Statler Hotel; follow the circle to the front entrance to the Hotel. (They have valet parking in a nearby lot).

TO THE NORTH CAMPUS TOWNHOUSES:
before coming into downtown on Route 79 after Six Mile Creek Vineyard on the left, and just after the "Cornell University" arrow-sign on your right, turn right at the flashing yellow light onto Pine Tree Road; drive past the horse barns (on left), and proceed through the first light past East Hill Shopping Plaza, then left onRoute 366 (flashing red light), proceed straight (don't turn left) past the large Cornell sign, and past the parking garage and Schoellkopf stadium; at the stop sign, turn left onto Campus Road, then right on East Ave. Follow East Ave. through the stop sign and traffic light across the gorge bridge (becomes Thurston St.), then keep following the signs for North Campus: this means turn right on Wait street (just before Louie's lunch wagon if it is parked there) and go around the curve, then another right on Triphammer, then when you see Akwekon (American Indian) house on your right, turn right again on Jessup Road at the sign for "Robert Purcell Community Center." (There is a soccer field at this corner.) Then a few hundred feet, and make the first right at the sign for Robert Purcell Community Center, and park on the left where the parking meters are. Robert Purcell Community Center is the two-story brick building at then end of the metered lot--go in that side and go downstairs to the first floor service center to check in. At check-in ask for a sticker (it should be included in the room) to park in the CC lot nearby.

There are maps of the trip and of Ithaca available HERE:

And a Cornell map here:

}