Wrap up: Manure and Fertilizer Phosphorus Management
That's been a quick tour through the basics of manure and fertilizer P management.
Click back through the pages if you have questions about any of the objectives,
The importance of phosphorus for life.
- Symptoms and problems with P deficiencies.
- Symptoms and problems with excess P.
Crop P guidelines
- How crop P guidelines are developed and understanding the link between
soil testing and crop P guidelines.
- The resulting crop P guidelines.
- How manure and fertilizer are used to satisfy crop P guidelines.
Continue to the next page for a graded, online quiz on
In the next session, we'll take a look at how planners assess fields for the
risk P losses with the Phosphorus Runoff Index.